summer days

   
    My friend and I spent the day in T.O. yesterday for some shopping and a much needed bead run on my part.  From walking are way around Toronto with the busy traffic sidewalks and garbage slung streets (the garbage men are on strike) and hot muggy weather it was a sort of unpleasant trip. We just felt gross, drained and in need of really really cold sparkling water. By then we had thought we had are fill of the random downtown crowd... then bang! Boobs...yes boobs (I'll say it twice) right there on Queen street!  Nudging my friend to turn her head and see what I thought I was seeing, clearly from the slowed down traffic (can I hear potential for accidents?) and whistling guys it was true, not that this is much of a big deal at all, but when did they start doing 'Naked News' (yup is was actually naked news) right in the middle of a busy street???

Anyway...  here's the recipe I promised for the melting moments (last post, if you're looking for a pic).  They were quite the delight and super easy to make and of course oh so good!

melting moments
175g butter, softened
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 cup cornflour (cornstarch) sifted
filling
60g butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind

Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Place the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour and cornflour until combined.  Place mixture into a piping bag with a fluted nozzle. Pipe 1 in rounds on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper, cook for 12-14 min until golden. Cool.
For the filling, place butter, icing sugar, lemon juice and rind in a bowl and beat until fluffy and creamy.  Pipe on half of the biscuits and sandwich.  (be gently, the break easily)
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay.

Hope you're all having a fab weekend!

Comments

apparentlyjessy said…
Did you say BOOBS? lol hilarious!
Thanks for sharing the recipe, I definately want to try it out! :)
Irene said…
Boobs, yes, but I am more intrigued by these melting moments. What are they and why are they called thusly?? I've never heard of them, but they look wonderful and absolutely delicious and I must make them like now. Gorgeous cupcakes!
Cherie said…
I had to laugh. Such a funny post. I was on Queen West yesterday and saw the very same thing. Boobs and all. Did you at least find what you were looking for for your jewelry making? There's also another store on Queen east where they sell tools for jewelry making, if you ever need something like that .It's in the Jewelry Building, I used to go there all the time when I bought whole sale.

Popular Posts