pecan and thyme peach cobbler

peachesinyellowbasket

First things first. Sorry for the long hiatus here on the blog. Summer's been busy and I haven't baked a whole lot, plus the heat this year was a little outrageous and seriously the furthest thing on my mind was turing on the oven. But now that cooler weather is approaching I'll be able to get myself back into the kitchen and share some goods and goodies with you all. I really have missed it.

Peaches are ripe right now and what better thing to do with them is bake them into something just a little bit special. So why not make a peach cobbler? I made this for three reasons. One, I had a lot of peaches. Second I was told I should make it and third well... I have never made it before. Those are pretty good reasons to give it a go right? I think so.

Verdict? It didn't look quite as I hoped but it did taste pretty darn good and that's all that matters right? Right.

peachcobblerbowl

Is there anything you cool people want to see on the blog for future posts? Let me know what you'd be looking forward to reading/seeing.

I'm a little short on time, so I'll will be posting the recipe for this in the next couple of days. Happy week everyone!

Comments

Luisa Morón said…
tiene una pinta estupenda. Saludos.
Hayley Daen said…
YUM! What a perfect use for ripe summer peaches
Jessica said…
This looks (and sounds) so incredibly delicious. Nice to see you back :)
Rivki Locker said…
I can't wait to see this recipe. The thyme has me intrigued.
ChichaJo said…
It sounds delicious! Fresh peaches are something we don't grow here so all we get are imported and nowhere near how yours must taste...so I'll just have to enjoy this vicariously through you :)
El said…
I think it looks great. Love the thyme addition!
I see that crust poking through...always my favorite part-And it looks divine and SO buttery. Beautiful post, delicious looking, and mmmph, WANT. Hope everything is going well Ash. :)
It does look great and I am waiting with baited breath to hear what the recipe is.
I love the idea of using herbs in sweet recipes - I'm not bold enough to do it, shame on me!
mary timmons said…
I would love special diet recipes that are still decadent and delicious! ie: Egg free,dairy free., gluten free or raw recipes
Lucy said…
Oh I wish summer wasn't ending! This looks like such a sunny and tasty dish :)
Mary Bergfeld said…
What a lovely treat. I am new to your blog, so I decided to take some extra time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really love the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary
Ash said…
Thanks all!! I still haven't forgot about the recipe! Its coming!
Yum! This looks beautiful. Just found your blog through "Desserts for Breakfast". It's great! Looking forward to reading more :)
Lucas said…
Wow great photos Ashley! What kind of camera and lens do you use?
What would I like to see on your blog? Just more of the same delish recipes and lovely photos that make me salivate. Really lovely.

Popular Posts