ashleycolbourneNATREL.1

        Its been a while again hasn't it? Yeah, it has.  Sorry about that.  I am going to have to be short and sweet with this post but I thought I'd share a lactose free campaign I participated in with Natrel. They teamed up with a bunch of Canadian food bloggers to help create some super yummy lactose free recipes.  Check them out here, and here's mine below.


French toast with orange zest
& maple whipped cream (lactose free)

4 slices good crusty bread
4 eggs
½ cup lactose free milk
zest and juice of 1 orange
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp cinnamon
pinch of  sea salt
¼ cup toasted walnuts
2 tbsp coconut oil

Maple whipped cream

1 cup lactose free whipping cream
¼ cup real maple syrup

In an electric mixer beat the cream and maple syrup until soft peeks form.

For the French toast: In a shallow dish mix eggs, milk, honey, cinnamon, orange zest and juice and whisk until well combined. Dip each slice of bread, both sides into the egg batter mixture and let set for 2 minutes each side. Melt the coconut oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium high heat. Add toast and cook until golden and brown. Flip and repeat.  Top with whipped cream, chopped toasted walnuts and some sliced strawberries.

serves 2.

Comments

My mouth is watering... if only I could eat any form of bread at the moment! Bookmarking this recipe for when I can!

Popular Posts